Monday, February 20, 2012

My Fictional Crushes

People will often ask me who I like; it's a long-standing tradition of junior high to know EVERYONE'S personal lives. Every time, I would give a different answer, because I have multiple crushes. ALOT of them, actually. And they are all fictional! Some of the YA guys I really wish were real, so that I could be a shrieking fangirl when I meet them. Unfortunately, that is not the case, but I will tell you about them anyways.









  • Four/Tobias - Divergent by Veronica Roth. HOLY SMOKES. At the beginning, he's harsh, strong, and strict. But love softens him up, and he becomes just as vulnerable as Tris. Their relation is so subtly romantic, and he is hot
  • Akiva - Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. He's described as the most gorgeous creature to walk the streets of Prague. And he's an angel. What more could you ask for? 
  • Leo - The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. Okay... I admit it. I like Leo. Probably more than any of the other Heroes of Olympus characters, besides for Percy. Why? Because Leo always lightens the mood, and he's so funny! 
  • Howl - Howl's Moving Castle (both the book and the movie) by Dian Wynne Jones. I love his changing hair, his heart of a child, his dedication to Sophie, and his slimy tantrums. You also have to watch the movie to understand how cute he is physically. 
  • Simon - Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare. He's sarcastic, witty, and nerdy in a cool way. Yes, I have a thing for nerdy guys... (shhhhh). I can just imagine Simon's crooked smile, his spiky brown hair, and the way that he confessed his love for Clary. No wonder Isabelle and Maia both like him, too!
  • Ethan - Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. He has to be the most understandable male character I have ever read about in YA fiction. Especially since the Beautiful Creatures series (Caster Chronicles) is told in Ethan's first person. He's sweet, and kind, and extremely dedicated to his loves no matter what the troubles they cause him. The end of Beautiful Chaos depressed me so much...
  • Alex - Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I fell in love with him the moment that Lena did. He went to such far lengths to protect Lena, and his past is particularly intriguing. I am dying to read Pandemonium, because I need to know what happens to Alex!

No comments:

Post a Comment